Hello Wonderful People!!…I know, I know… it’s been a while since I’ve posted… but felt the need to share this one nugget that has been really resonating with me here lately.
What you resist persists….
You know that one, particular situation in your life right now —
- The “issue” in your current relationship…
- What happened recently with your child(ren) or on the job…
- Still struggling trying to find your way – your purpose
- Your ministry or business struggles
- The current events of tragedy, trauma and suffering that you may be going thru right now…
- The loneliness of being without a partner when you have been used to the married life…
- Single and still waiting for the Right One to appear…
- Just ending a relationship, still thinking of him/her and secretly keeping an eye on his/her Instagram and Facebook pages…
- Feeling guilty for reconnecting back with him/her and getting intimate again just to be left hanging and not returning your calls, texts, acting weird, pulling away, etc.
And the list goes on…
No matter where you are right now, as long as you keep fixating on the situation – attempting to figure it out, force it, manipulate or control it, it will remain the same. If you have your heart set on a certain, particular outcome on that situation and it appears that it is going the opposite direction, as long as you are emotionally and mentally attached to having it manifest in your way, the situation will persist.
What you resist, persists. When we let go, we allow God to flow. Whenever we attach to a certain outcome and attempt to force our desires in a situation we do the following:
- Invite a Spirit of Fear & Desperation
- Invite the Spirit of Impatience & Haste
- Repel Faith & Grace
- Get into works of the flesh, pride & ego
- Attempt to force an outcome according to preconceived notion/fantasy/little movie in our mind.
- Create a bigger problem & bigger delay
- Breeds rigidity to a certain way and blocks other creative solutions
- Breeds insecurity.
Remember, every time fear and panic step in, faith and wisdom step out! This is a huge indicator and a red flag that you have gone too far in your thinking and emotions. When we fall back, chill and trust this creates the space for grace and for God to flow into the situation. When we get into force, figuring, and fixating we dam up the path with our own working and negativity.
When we trust God we are saying, “God, either way this situation goes I know that it is working together for my good according to Romans 8:28.” Stand on that and believe it TODAY. I encourage you to FALL BACK (do not text him, do not be all worked up, do not run it your mind 85 times), CHILL & TRUST!
Prayer For You
(especially if you are in a tough situation — relationship or otherwise):
Lord, I release my rigidity. Letting go allows you to flow in my situation. I understand that by being resistant and fixating on (that person, situation or issue), I will keep the situation with me. Today I intentionally chose to let go, chill & trust the process. Amen.
TALK2TONIKA CLARITY SESSIONS
- Seeking clarity in your relationship situation?
- In pain, chaos & confusion?
- Ready to end it but don’t know how?
- Feeling in limbo, stuck and unclear in your life overall?
For a limited time, I’m opening up my calendar for 25 minute complimentary clarity coaching sessions for those who are very serious about moving forward in life and in their relationships. If you are interested in having a complimentary session with me, click HERE to schedule your Talk2Tonika session today!
For those of you in the local Raleigh/Durham North Carolina USA area, join me on Sept 16th for the Faith Walkers Live Conference where I will be a facilitator. The time has 6:30 am for those who want to actually exercise and go on a Faith Walk Duke University before the conference. However, it is not mandatory, so don’t let that scare you! Click here to register
Also, don’t forget – I will be in Charlotte, NC as a facilitator for the Heart & Sole Conference / Running on a Broken Heel on October 13-14 and I’d love to see you there. Click here to register!
Download the Periscope app on Google Play or Apple and follow me on Periscope @GetRealBeHealed to catch my live broadcast videos. I share tons of information on emotional healing and relationships!!!